This is a template provided for your convenience. Do not forget to adjust it to your needs. Replace all red-colored text with your company's details.
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you access this online training platform, upload content, make contact with other users, add links, or interact with this platform in any other way.
This online training platform is operated by Osteon Limited (“we”, “our” or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales with company number 07603582, with our registered offices at Global House, 303 Ballards Lane, North Finchley, London N12 8NP, and trading as OMT Training.
By using our online training platform, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them, all course bookings are non refundable and non transferable.
Students must ensure they do due diligence prior to signing up to any OMT Training courses, and can contact the team prior to purchase to clarify suitability, training processes, we take no responsibility if students are unable to complete the training, these courses are not suitable for people with no previous qualifications in manual therapy, and should not be accessed by the general public, these courses are for post graduate continued education, please contact the OMT team for any clarification or to discuss suitability.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
Please be aware as with booking any in person training courses, all purchases of any OMT Training online product / course / bundle is non refundable and non transferable, all sales are final, any changes or refunds are at the discretion of OMT Training and will be subject to a £25 administration fee.
OMT Training certificates are only issued on paid courses, and persons are not entitled to claim qualifications if they have not participated and fully completed paid modules, free modules hold no qualification or certification.
Certification in any OMT Training course does not qualify any person to claim they are an OMT instructor or instructor in that therapy, they cannot claim they have any affiliation with OMT Training, OMT Training as a company and cannot claim to represent OMT training, they do not have permission to teach any of OMT trainings techniques, theory or intellectual property, OMT Training is an EU trademark and any misuse of the name, logo or misrepresentation of affiliation will be seen as a breach of that.
OMT Training does not take any responsibility for students actions post qualification and students must comply with all regulations within their own country, it is down to them to ensure they comply.
Students must also ensure they do not claim to be qualified in a therapy unless they have appropriate training and qualifications, OMT Training does not qualify students post qualification to use the title "Osteopath", "Chiropractor" or "Physiotherapist" within the United Kingdom, unless they are registered with those governing bodies as these are protected titles.
Students are able to state that they use "Osteopathic or Chiropractic Techniques" as a description of the techniques they use within a treatment, but they must ensure they do not misrepresent themselves as a registered allied health professional unless they are.
Legal - Osteopathic Articulation / Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation OMT Training ensures that all students are informed of the relevant legislation and takes no responsibility for students who do not follow that, osteopathic is not a protected term or title when describing techniques used or employed by a manual therapist.
Osteopathic Articulation is a UK trademarked logo – IPO Link www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00003163607 Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation is a UK trademarked logo – IPO Link www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00003172803
These courses are for the specific techniques of Osteopathic Articulation and Spinal Manipulation and are not a substitute for the degree program and do not qualify you as an Osteopath. Under Section 32(1) of the Osteopaths Act 1993 it is an offence to infer or imply that you are an Osteopath if you have not carried out the relevant training and the following titles are prohibited to use: Osteopath, Osteopathic practitioner, Osteopathic physician, Osteopathist, Osteotherapist, or any other kind of Osteopath.
Students who qualify in our courses must ensure that when describing themselves on their websites and in advertising literature that they are not implying that they are an Osteopath, but that they are trained in specific osteopathic techniques. Example John Smith – Sports Therapist Techniques used: Dry Needling Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation Osteopathic Articulation
Outside of the UK, students should ensure they comply with any government regulations in relation to title uses.
OMT Training takes no responsibility for students action in relation to how they describe themselves in relation to UK law.
OMT Training takes no responsibility for students actions post qualification, students must ensure they follow all government guidelines, have full public liability cover and relevant insurances.
OMT Training courses are underwritten by www.bgi.uk.com and full insurance can be obtained through them for all courses taught online and in person, individual cover for dry needling / medical acupuncture is £180pa and full spinal manipulation with cavitation is £330pa, this is a guide price as of 2021, please contact Bgi for confirmation and any more information, prices are subject to change.
OMT Training does not take any responsibility if you are unable to gain full insurance with your current provider, It is down to the students personal responsibility to ensure that they check if their current insurance provider will cover any new skills learnt either online or face to face prior to commencement.
OMT Training cannot guarantee cover with any external insurance companies, if you require additional cover please contact www.bgi.uk.com.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our online training platform, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may use our online training platform only for lawful purposes. You may not use our online training platform:
· in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
· in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
· for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
· to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
· to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
· to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
· to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
· not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our online training platform in contravention of the provisions of our OMT Training Terms and Conditions and the Disclaimer.
· Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
· any equipment or network on which our training platform is stored;
· any software used in the provision of our training platform; or
· any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our training platform, including, without limitation:
· Chat rooms.
· Bulletin boards.
· Questions and Answers sessions
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our training platform, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our online platform (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it, applying to all OMT social media platforms and to all online forums, groups or pages.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Osteon Limited will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
· Be accurate (where it states facts).
· Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
· Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
· Be defamatory of any person.
· Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
· Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
· Promote sexually explicit material.
· Include child sexual abuse material.
· Promote violence.
· Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
· Be likely to deceive any person.
· Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
· Promote any illegal activity.
· Be in contempt of court.
· Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
· Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
· Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
· Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Osteon Limited, if this is not the case.
· Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
· Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
· Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of OMT Training Terms and Disclaimer upon which you are permitted to use our online platform, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
· Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our platform.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our platform.
· Issue of a warning to you.
· Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
· Further legal action against you.
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
As stated all course places are nontransferable and non-refundable as per the booking process.
Please be aware as with booking any in person training courses, all purchases of any OMT Training online product / course / courses / bundle is non refundable and non transferable, all sales are final, any changes or refunds are at the discretion of OMT training and will be subject to a £25 administration fee.